Keep It 100, the last single off Verse Simmonds’ forthcoming, DJ Drama-hosted mixtape, found the artist departing from his usual freaky R&B stylings to pursue a more club-oriented, hip-hop infused sound. On newly-released promo single Bad Mutha, the U.S. Virgin Islands representative continues in that cut’s dancefloor-ready vein, but returns to the subject matter that’s become his bread and butter: beautiful women, and the bedding thereof. With Holland beat crew Mel and Mus’ minimalistically body-moving, percussion-driven instrumental banging in the back, Simmonds pays tribute to a female whose sex appeal is second only to her love for the nightlife: “Last night she was drunk and she had a lot of fun, but she don’t know where she was / She a badass b*tch with a nice-ass body, and she love to f*ckin’ party so we got that sh*t started.” Snoop Dogg showcases his time-tested game-spitting abilities on the middle verse, chatting up a shawty in hopes of getting a shot at that “top-notch platinum crotch.” While this joint isn’t attached to the project, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to like on Verse’s Sex, Love and Hip Hop street album, due out March 29.
Written by richard on 03/15/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)