Keep It 100, the last single off Verse Simmonds’ forthcoming, DJ Drama-hosted mixtape, found the artist departing from his usual freaky R&B stylings to pursue a more club-oriented, hip-hop infused sound. On newly-released promo single Bad Mutha, the U.S. Virgin Islands representative continues in that cut’s dancefloor-ready vein, but returns to the subject matter that’s become his bread and butter: beautiful women, and the bedding thereof. With Holland beat crew Mel and Mus’ minimalistically body-moving, percussion-driven instrumental banging in the back, Simmonds pays tribute to a female whose sex appeal is second only to her love for the nightlife: “Last night she was drunk and she had a lot of fun, but she don’t know where she was / She a badass b*tch with a nice-ass body, and she love to f*ckin’ party so we got that sh*t started.” Snoop Dogg showcases his time-tested game-spitting abilities on the middle verse, chatting up a shawty in hopes of getting a shot at that “top-notch platinum crotch.” While this joint isn’t attached to the project, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to like on Verse’s Sex, Love and Hip Hop street album, due out March 29.
Written by richard on 03/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.