Keep It 100, the last single off Verse Simmonds’ forthcoming, DJ Drama-hosted mixtape, found the artist departing from his usual freaky R&B stylings to pursue a more club-oriented, hip-hop infused sound. On newly-released promo single Bad Mutha, the U.S. Virgin Islands representative continues in that cut’s dancefloor-ready vein, but returns to the subject matter that’s become his bread and butter: beautiful women, and the bedding thereof. With Holland beat crew Mel and Mus’ minimalistically body-moving, percussion-driven instrumental banging in the back, Simmonds pays tribute to a female whose sex appeal is second only to her love for the nightlife: “Last night she was drunk and she had a lot of fun, but she don’t know where she was / She a badass b*tch with a nice-ass body, and she love to f*ckin’ party so we got that sh*t started.” Snoop Dogg showcases his time-tested game-spitting abilities on the middle verse, chatting up a shawty in hopes of getting a shot at that “top-notch platinum crotch.” While this joint isn’t attached to the project, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to like on Verse’s Sex, Love and Hip Hop street album, due out March 29.
Written by richard on 03/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.