Keep It 100, the last single off Verse Simmonds’ forthcoming, DJ Drama-hosted mixtape, found the artist departing from his usual freaky R&B stylings to pursue a more club-oriented, hip-hop infused sound. On newly-released promo single Bad Mutha, the U.S. Virgin Islands representative continues in that cut’s dancefloor-ready vein, but returns to the subject matter that’s become his bread and butter: beautiful women, and the bedding thereof. With Holland beat crew Mel and Mus’ minimalistically body-moving, percussion-driven instrumental banging in the back, Simmonds pays tribute to a female whose sex appeal is second only to her love for the nightlife: “Last night she was drunk and she had a lot of fun, but she don’t know where she was / She a badass b*tch with a nice-ass body, and she love to f*ckin’ party so we got that sh*t started.” Snoop Dogg showcases his time-tested game-spitting abilities on the middle verse, chatting up a shawty in hopes of getting a shot at that “top-notch platinum crotch.” While this joint isn’t attached to the project, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to like on Verse’s Sex, Love and Hip Hop street album, due out March 29.
Written by richard on 03/15/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.