With his last feature, Virgin Islands bred-singer/emcee/sex guru Verse showed us one possible way to lead into a lovemaking session, but what about those (many) situations in which an Intoxicated Text simply wouldn’t be appropriate? Like, when you’re chilling with someone new in the wee hours of the morning, wondering if tonight will be the night you finally go all the way? Well, as Verse demonstrates on Show Me What You Got (the fifth Booth-exclusive world premiere off his forthcoming Sex Tape Chronicles mixtape), that’s when a little flattery and sweet talk can come in handy. Over The Synths’ glittering slow-jam boardwork, Verse teaches all us not-so-smooth guys a thing or two about getting a lady in the mood, switching between rapped and sung vocals as he plies his special someone with heartfelt compliments and not-too-raunchy come-ons. It’s a little subtler than the artist’s usual, but no less steamy; for more lessons on seduction from a bedroom pro, pick up a copy of Verse’s new mixtape when it hits the ‘net late this month.
Written by richard on 07/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.