With his last feature, Virgin Islands bred-singer/emcee/sex guru Verse showed us one possible way to lead into a lovemaking session, but what about those (many) situations in which an Intoxicated Text simply wouldn’t be appropriate? Like, when you’re chilling with someone new in the wee hours of the morning, wondering if tonight will be the night you finally go all the way? Well, as Verse demonstrates on Show Me What You Got (the fifth Booth-exclusive world premiere off his forthcoming Sex Tape Chronicles mixtape), that’s when a little flattery and sweet talk can come in handy. Over The Synths’ glittering slow-jam boardwork, Verse teaches all us not-so-smooth guys a thing or two about getting a lady in the mood, switching between rapped and sung vocals as he plies his special someone with heartfelt compliments and not-too-raunchy come-ons. It’s a little subtler than the artist’s usual, but no less steamy; for more lessons on seduction from a bedroom pro, pick up a copy of Verse’s new mixtape when it hits the ‘net late this month.
Written by richard on 07/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)