Our very own Richard once said he believes that Verse is an r&b robot whose only mission it to sing about sex, and after listening to his latest offering Pretty Girls - making its premiere right here on the Booth - I’m hard pressed to disagree. Seemingly undaunted both by the fact that Wale just dropped a single with the same name and his guest artist OJ da Juiceman (a.k.a. the poor man’s Gucci Mane) was widely panned on Verse’s last track Buy You a Round (Remix), Verse heads right back into the fray with a pop-oriented cut featuring bouncing, Dream-eqsue production from Sham of The Jugganauts, silky smooth, island-tinged vocals and a barely listenable lyrical contribution from OJ (I’m sorry to keep picking on the man but it’s true). Just once I’d like to see an artist make a song for the ugly girls. Pretty Girls is off Verse’s apparently aptly-titled upcoming album Stories of a Bachelor, due out in the summer of 2010.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.