If Verse Simmonds has made himself scarce in the Booth since last September, when he hooked up with June Summers for I Don’t Mind, he’s got a damn good reason for his absence: he’s been
ogling female posteriors in the club
doing fieldwork for a new potential single. Now, the Virgin Islands-bred crooner’s back with the fruit of his labors, the dancefloor-ready Girl Like You. Heavyweight beatsmith Mr. Collipark takes charge on the production tip, layering synth lines over bumping bass and tinny percussion as the headliner chronicles his neverending quest to get it in. Always up for a little womanizing at the local spot, Nymphomanic emcee Stuey Rock steps into the role of wingman, tempting female clubgoers with tales of his legendary oral abilities. Time to weigh in – is this joint single material? Whatever your take on the matter, keep it locked to the Booth. Simmonds’ long-awaited debut full-length, Stories of a Bachelor, has yet to receive a drop date from the Interscope brass, but you’ll be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.