If Verse Simmonds has made himself scarce in the Booth since last September, when he hooked up with June Summers for I Don’t Mind, he’s got a damn good reason for his absence: he’s been
ogling female posteriors in the club
doing fieldwork for a new potential single. Now, the Virgin Islands-bred crooner’s back with the fruit of his labors, the dancefloor-ready Girl Like You. Heavyweight beatsmith Mr. Collipark takes charge on the production tip, layering synth lines over bumping bass and tinny percussion as the headliner chronicles his neverending quest to get it in. Always up for a little womanizing at the local spot, Nymphomanic emcee Stuey Rock steps into the role of wingman, tempting female clubgoers with tales of his legendary oral abilities. Time to weigh in – is this joint single material? Whatever your take on the matter, keep it locked to the Booth. Simmonds’ long-awaited debut full-length, Stories of a Bachelor, has yet to receive a drop date from the Interscope brass, but you’ll be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.