St. Thomas, Virgin Islands was put on the R&B/hip-hop map earlier this year when Konvict Muzik sensations Rock City emerged from their behind-the-scenes writing duties and released a slew of buzz singles from their forthcoming album, Wake The Neighbors. Following in their footsteps is countryman Verse, who has hooked up with one-half of the duo, Da Spokesman, and producers The Hipnotiks, for the calypso-infused new single Winein It. Born in Puerto Rico, Verse traveled to the Islands as a youth and then later to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, where he grew up in poverty with his grandmother. Eventually, he returned to the Islands where he discovered his love of music. Showcasing a passion for his craft, the dancefloor-ready banger Winein It will continue Verse’s travels all the way into the eardrums of unsuspecting listeners.
Written by DJ Z on 09/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dat Girl" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.