St. Thomas, Virgin Islands was put on the R&B/hip-hop map earlier this year when Konvict Muzik sensations Rock City emerged from their behind-the-scenes writing duties and released a slew of buzz singles from their forthcoming album, Wake The Neighbors. Following in their footsteps is countryman Verse, who has hooked up with one-half of the duo, Da Spokesman, and producers The Hipnotiks, for the calypso-infused new single Winein It. Born in Puerto Rico, Verse traveled to the Islands as a youth and then later to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, where he grew up in poverty with his grandmother. Eventually, he returned to the Islands where he discovered his love of music. Showcasing a passion for his craft, the dancefloor-ready banger Winein It will continue Verse’s travels all the way into the eardrums of unsuspecting listeners.
Written by DJ Z on 09/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dat Girl" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.