As a member of the production team The JuggaNauts (along with Shama Joseph), Verse has lent his production talents to singles by Ak’Sent (Zingy), London (One 2 Many), and Rock City (Losin’ It). The Virgin Islands native’s diverse array of skills has led to several major label offers (according to his camp, Jive is the current frontrunner). The new song Dat Girl, which is tentatively set for inclusion on his debut album, Stories of a Bachelor, has all the makings of a smash-hit single; a tried-and-true topic, exotic vocal appeal, and the JuggaNauts’ dancehall-ready beat (mixed with strong promotion) should catapult Verse into “next big name” status in urban dancehall music. Any record label would be blessed to have Verse on their roster; whether or not his future home puts that blessing to good use remains to be seen.
Written by Burmy on 11/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.