As a member of the production team The JuggaNauts (along with Shama Joseph), Verse has lent his production talents to singles by Ak’Sent (Zingy), London (One 2 Many), and Rock City (Losin’ It). The Virgin Islands native’s diverse array of skills has led to several major label offers (according to his camp, Jive is the current frontrunner). The new song Dat Girl, which is tentatively set for inclusion on his debut album, Stories of a Bachelor, has all the makings of a smash-hit single; a tried-and-true topic, exotic vocal appeal, and the JuggaNauts’ dancehall-ready beat (mixed with strong promotion) should catapult Verse into “next big name” status in urban dancehall music. Any record label would be blessed to have Verse on their roster; whether or not his future home puts that blessing to good use remains to be seen.
Written by Burmy on 11/2/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.