As a member of the production team The JuggaNauts (along with Shama Joseph), Verse has lent his production talents to singles by Ak’Sent (Zingy), London (One 2 Many), and Rock City (Losin’ It). The Virgin Islands native’s diverse array of skills has led to several major label offers (according to his camp, Jive is the current frontrunner). The new song Dat Girl, which is tentatively set for inclusion on his debut album, Stories of a Bachelor, has all the makings of a smash-hit single; a tried-and-true topic, exotic vocal appeal, and the JuggaNauts’ dancehall-ready beat (mixed with strong promotion) should catapult Verse into “next big name” status in urban dancehall music. Any record label would be blessed to have Verse on their roster; whether or not his future home puts that blessing to good use remains to be seen.
Written by Burmy on 11/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.