As a member of the production team The JuggaNauts (along with Shama Joseph), Verse has lent his production talents to singles by Ak’Sent (Zingy), London (One 2 Many), and Rock City (Losin’ It). The Virgin Islands native’s diverse array of skills has led to several major label offers (according to his camp, Jive is the current frontrunner). The new song Dat Girl, which is tentatively set for inclusion on his debut album, Stories of a Bachelor, has all the makings of a smash-hit single; a tried-and-true topic, exotic vocal appeal, and the JuggaNauts’ dancehall-ready beat (mixed with strong promotion) should catapult Verse into “next big name” status in urban dancehall music. Any record label would be blessed to have Verse on their roster; whether or not his future home puts that blessing to good use remains to be seen.
Written by Burmy on 11/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.