Virgin Islands-bred singer/emcee Verse may have a one-track mind, but he’s well aware that there’s no one-size-fits-all secret to seduction—though some women can be wooed with a few filthy metaphors (“You are sitting on a magic wand” still cracks me up every time) or enticed into bed under the pretense of a wholesome workout session, there are others who prefer a more sensual approach. On Come With Me, the sixth Booth-exclusive world premiere off his forthcoming Sex Tape Chronicles, Verse takes a similar tack as he did on Show Me What You Got, forgoing overt sex talk in favor of starry-eyed poetry. As the Jugganauts’ B Sham delivers a upbeat, synth-driven instrumental reminiscent of Marvin Gaye’s 1982 classic Sexual Healing, the artist goes into full-on R&B mode, letting his passionate vocal tone do most of the talking. This is one of Verse’s least freaky features to date, but it’s also among his most persuasive; in any case, his ability to write bedroom jams for every occasion (and in a vast array of styles) is undeniably impressive. Set to drop late this month, Sex Tape Chronicles is shaping up to be a must-download for anyone with an interest in getting it on—so, um, pretty much everyone.
Written by richard on 07/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.