With the Writer’s Guild strike potentially affecting the broadcast of this year’s Grammy Awards in February, the world might not get the chance to see the similarities among this year’s Hip-Hop nominees. Hailing from both the south and west side of the city, Chicago is well represented in all five rap categories by its leading men: Kanye West, Common and Lupe Fiasco. Looking to capitalize on the spotlight the previously mentioned artists are giving the city, 8-year veteran rapper Versatile is prepping his new (untitled) independent release. Leading off the album is the street level single, A, which is highlighted by the Eminem-sounding production courtesy of producer 1120. By the age of fourteen, Versatile landed a track from legendary producer No I.D.; something tells us that this Chicago MC is in store for many more career highlights.
Written by DJ Z on 01/20/08
Submit your Rating
Family Business Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)