In economics, everything proceeds according to the laws of supply and demand. As a practitioner of Raponomics Verbal Kent does things a bit differently; the Chi-town rhymesayer supplies the kind of music he wants to supply, and “if you ain’t feelin’ [him], then too bad!” Though it may limit his potential for mainstream success, the uncompromising attitude the Ugly Heroes member showcases on his first solo feature is sure to score him points among underground heads in The DJBooth. Backed by the chopped guitar and vocal samples of project collaborator Khrysis, Kent mixes diabolical battle rhymes with references to Margaret Thatcher and the Ottoman Empire. For more hard-hitting beats and allusive bars, check out Kent and Khrysis’s Sound of the Weapon LP when it drops February 18, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.