Pittsburgh twosome Varsity Squad may be underground, but that doesn’t mean they consider themselves marginal—on the contrary, Jon Quest and Beedie differentiate themselves sharply from their peers, as evidenced by new single U Minor, We Major. Over the spacey, synth-laden production of MassAppeal, the crew are joined on the mic by Binary Star alumnus One Be Lo. If you enjoyed this braggadocious selection, it’s a good bet you’ll find more to your liking on Varsity Squad’s self-titled album, coming later this year. In the meantime, fans can look forward to Beedie’s solo LP, Beat Bully, due out June 30.
Written by richard on 06/3/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.