As a resident of Australia’s Gold Coast, Vanessa Elisha can splash around in the Pacific pretty much whenever she wants. Be that as it may, new single Ocean has less to do with the literal body of water than with the chemistry the singer/songwriter shares with a man in her life. Over a the appropriately wavy, aquatic synth boardwork of J-Louis, Elisha urges said fella to take her in his arms and envelop her like salt water surrounding a swimmer. Now that you’ve taken a dip into Vanessa Enlisha’s oeuvre, are you ready to dive in? If so, you can hear plenty more where this came from on her Midnight Swim EP, available now online.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.