The expression, “Good things come to those who wait,” has always frustrated me. Sure, it’s true, but, like anyone else, I’d rather not have to wait for something… unless it’s really good. My Angel, Vaig‘s latest promo single, just happens to be one of those things worth waiting for. Not featured on our pages since dropping off Pushin way back in November of 2011, the Steel City emcee has returned to the Booth with a cut dedicated to his heavenly girl. You might think a love song entitled My Angel would be soft and bubblegummy, but Vaig’s emphatic and boisterous flow makes the record edgier than you might expect. Cherry Voss gives the female perspective, contributing a speedy 16 that sounds right at home atop the clapping, sample-heavy boardwork of Basement Beatz. No word on whether this record will be part of anything larger; let’s just hope that we don’t have to wait till 2015 for Vaig’s next Booth appearance!
Written by Lucas G. on 04/29/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Glide ft. Nesia Beatz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.