The expression, “Good things come to those who wait,” has always frustrated me. Sure, it’s true, but, like anyone else, I’d rather not have to wait for something… unless it’s really good. My Angel, Vaig‘s latest promo single, just happens to be one of those things worth waiting for. Not featured on our pages since dropping off Pushin way back in November of 2011, the Steel City emcee has returned to the Booth with a cut dedicated to his heavenly girl. You might think a love song entitled My Angel would be soft and bubblegummy, but Vaig’s emphatic and boisterous flow makes the record edgier than you might expect. Cherry Voss gives the female perspective, contributing a speedy 16 that sounds right at home atop the clapping, sample-heavy boardwork of Basement Beatz. No word on whether this record will be part of anything larger; let’s just hope that we don’t have to wait till 2015 for Vaig’s next Booth appearance!
Written by Lucas G. on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Glide ft. Nesia Beatz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.