The expression, “Good things come to those who wait,” has always frustrated me. Sure, it’s true, but, like anyone else, I’d rather not have to wait for something… unless it’s really good. My Angel, Vaig‘s latest promo single, just happens to be one of those things worth waiting for. Not featured on our pages since dropping off Pushin way back in November of 2011, the Steel City emcee has returned to the Booth with a cut dedicated to his heavenly girl. You might think a love song entitled My Angel would be soft and bubblegummy, but Vaig’s emphatic and boisterous flow makes the record edgier than you might expect. Cherry Voss gives the female perspective, contributing a speedy 16 that sounds right at home atop the clapping, sample-heavy boardwork of Basement Beatz. No word on whether this record will be part of anything larger; let’s just hope that we don’t have to wait till 2015 for Vaig’s next Booth appearance!
Written by Lucas G. on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Glide ft. Nesia Beatz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.