Last we heard from Vaig – way back in summer 2009 – the Pittsburgh emcee was rolling around his neighborhood, spitting about the diverse dreams and ambitions held dear by Steel City youth. On his latest feature, the up-and-comer takes a similar, if somewhat grittier Journey through his home streets, acknowledging the unpleasant realities of ‘hood life but ultimately affirming that “Even with the ups and downs, it feels like a beautiful day.” Fortunately, the emcee has no shortage of friends to accompany him on his travels; over RobCuts’ subdued soul boardwork, the headliner is joined by a fellow Pittsburgh rapper and two rising R&B stars; Divine Seven contributes his chilled-out flows to the record’s middle portion, while John Record and Lilly Mak trade sung lines on the chorus. Different in tone from the artist’s previous features, this leak is yet more evidence that Vaig can roll with listeners wherever their life journeys may take them. Those digging this reflective, down-to-earth jam are sure to find more to their liking on the emcee’s aptly-named Theme Music to Life mixtape, scheduled to hit the ‘net sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 03/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Glide ft. Nesia Beatz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.