To describe Vado‘s latest single, Be Like, in a few words, it’s like Whoa! And I mean that in more ways than one: “Whoa!” is an appropriate reaction to this street banger, which is similar to Whoa!, the 2000 lead single off Black Rob‘s freshman set—in fact, you could call it an homage to that classic joint. AlistFame, StoopidOnDaBeat and Butter Beats build their instrumental around the same string loop (sampled from François Valéry’s Joy (Version Originale Orchestrale)) that graced Buckwild‘s production on the above-mentioned song, and the New York rhymesayer borrows Rob’s call-and-response format for his verses. (This time, though, the response is not “Whoa!” but “Huhh!”) Be Like is just a promotional single, but those feeling it should keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Vado’s 2014 plans.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Work" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.