To describe Vado‘s latest single, Be Like, in a few words, it’s like Whoa! And I mean that in more ways than one: “Whoa!” is an appropriate reaction to this street banger, which is similar to Whoa!, the 2000 lead single off Black Rob‘s freshman set—in fact, you could call it an homage to that classic joint. AlistFame, StoopidOnDaBeat and Butter Beats build their instrumental around the same string loop (sampled from François Valéry’s Joy (Version Originale Orchestrale)) that graced Buckwild‘s production on the above-mentioned song, and the New York rhymesayer borrows Rob’s call-and-response format for his verses. (This time, though, the response is not “Whoa!” but “Huhh!”) Be Like is just a promotional single, but those feeling it should keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Vado’s 2014 plans.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
We The Best Music Group signee Vado has released his latest project, the Sinatra EP. Included on the eight track project are previously-featured selections "Look Me in My Eyes" and "Be Like." Joining the Harlem native on...
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Work" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.