To describe Vado‘s latest single, Be Like, in a few words, it’s like Whoa! And I mean that in more ways than one: “Whoa!” is an appropriate reaction to this street banger, which is similar to Whoa!, the 2000 lead single off Black Rob‘s freshman set—in fact, you could call it an homage to that classic joint. AlistFame, StoopidOnDaBeat and Butter Beats build their instrumental around the same string loop (sampled from François Valéry’s Joy (Version Originale Orchestrale)) that graced Buckwild‘s production on the above-mentioned song, and the New York rhymesayer borrows Rob’s call-and-response format for his verses. (This time, though, the response is not “Whoa!” but “Huhh!”) Be Like is just a promotional single, but those feeling it should keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Vado’s 2014 plans.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Work" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.