To describe Vado‘s latest single, Be Like, in a few words, it’s like Whoa! And I mean that in more ways than one: “Whoa!” is an appropriate reaction to this street banger, which is similar to Whoa!, the 2000 lead single off Black Rob‘s freshman set—in fact, you could call it an homage to that classic joint. AlistFame, StoopidOnDaBeat and Butter Beats build their instrumental around the same string loop (sampled from François Valéry’s Joy (Version Originale Orchestrale)) that graced Buckwild‘s production on the above-mentioned song, and the New York rhymesayer borrows Rob’s call-and-response format for his verses. (This time, though, the response is not “Whoa!” but “Huhh!”) Be Like is just a promotional single, but those feeling it should keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Vado’s 2014 plans.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Work" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.