As a guy who occasionally needs to be reminded not to sweat the small stuff (Ketchup stain on my favorite shirt? It’s the end of the freaking world!), I doubt I’d last five minutes in the ever-stressful world of the mean streets. Vado, on the other hand, remains a paragon of cool in even the direst situations; when things don’t go his way, he simply shrugs his shoulders and says, “It Ain’t a Thang to Me” The latest single off the Dipset signee’s forthcoming mixtape finds frequent Starrs & Murph beatsmith araabMUZIK manning the boards, superimposing mellow guitar licks over a pensive piano-loop as Vado gives a blasé account of his day-to-day activities: making big-ticket drug deals, stealing rivals’ girls, gunfighting – you know, the usual. When he’s not engaging in block talk, he finds time to work in a few memorably menacing wisecracks: “With a hammer you get nailed like hung pictures…” Digging this hard-nosed jam? Then be sure to mark your calendars for the October 5, release of Vado’s latest street album, Slime Flu.
Written by richard on 09/14/10
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Work" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.