As a guy who occasionally needs to be reminded not to sweat the small stuff (Ketchup stain on my favorite shirt? It’s the end of the freaking world!), I doubt I’d last five minutes in the ever-stressful world of the mean streets. Vado, on the other hand, remains a paragon of cool in even the direst situations; when things don’t go his way, he simply shrugs his shoulders and says, “It Ain’t a Thang to Me” The latest single off the Dipset signee’s forthcoming mixtape finds frequent Starrs & Murph beatsmith araabMUZIK manning the boards, superimposing mellow guitar licks over a pensive piano-loop as Vado gives a blasé account of his day-to-day activities: making big-ticket drug deals, stealing rivals’ girls, gunfighting – you know, the usual. When he’s not engaging in block talk, he finds time to work in a few memorably menacing wisecracks: “With a hammer you get nailed like hung pictures…” Digging this hard-nosed jam? Then be sure to mark your calendars for the October 5, release of Vado’s latest street album, Slime Flu.
Written by richard on 09/14/10
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Work" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.