As a guy who occasionally needs to be reminded not to sweat the small stuff (Ketchup stain on my favorite shirt? It’s the end of the freaking world!), I doubt I’d last five minutes in the ever-stressful world of the mean streets. Vado, on the other hand, remains a paragon of cool in even the direst situations; when things don’t go his way, he simply shrugs his shoulders and says, “It Ain’t a Thang to Me” The latest single off the Dipset signee’s forthcoming mixtape finds frequent Starrs & Murph beatsmith araabMUZIK manning the boards, superimposing mellow guitar licks over a pensive piano-loop as Vado gives a blasé account of his day-to-day activities: making big-ticket drug deals, stealing rivals’ girls, gunfighting – you know, the usual. When he’s not engaging in block talk, he finds time to work in a few memorably menacing wisecracks: “With a hammer you get nailed like hung pictures…” Digging this hard-nosed jam? Then be sure to mark your calendars for the October 5, release of Vado’s latest street album, Slime Flu.
Written by richard on 09/14/10
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Work" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.