As a guy who occasionally needs to be reminded not to sweat the small stuff (Ketchup stain on my favorite shirt? It’s the end of the freaking world!), I doubt I’d last five minutes in the ever-stressful world of the mean streets. Vado, on the other hand, remains a paragon of cool in even the direst situations; when things don’t go his way, he simply shrugs his shoulders and says, “It Ain’t a Thang to Me” The latest single off the Dipset signee’s forthcoming mixtape finds frequent Starrs & Murph beatsmith araabMUZIK manning the boards, superimposing mellow guitar licks over a pensive piano-loop as Vado gives a blasé account of his day-to-day activities: making big-ticket drug deals, stealing rivals’ girls, gunfighting – you know, the usual. When he’s not engaging in block talk, he finds time to work in a few memorably menacing wisecracks: “With a hammer you get nailed like hung pictures…” Digging this hard-nosed jam? Then be sure to mark your calendars for the October 5, release of Vado’s latest street album, Slime Flu.
Written by richard on 09/14/10
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Work" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)