Does your bedroom decor prominently feature stuffed animals? Do you have to suppress an urge to run outside waving a dollar bill when you hear the ice cream truck roll past your residence? Then you’re part of the target audience for V V Brown‘s latest single and first Booth feature. An anthem for Children and the young at heart, this Evan “Kidd” Bogart-cowritten cut finds the London-repping pop songstress mixing childish exuberance with motivational cheerleading; over Chuck Harmony‘s irresistibly bouncy production (featuring a sample of popular children’s tune and Barney staple Do Your Ears Hang Low?), she waxes idealistic about the potential of youth to change the world, juxtaposing images of “buildings… crumbling right to the ground” with kids innocently “flying kites.” Philly phenom Chiddy (of Chiddy Bang fame) assists on the guest tip, spitting about his humble upbringing (“Mama was hurtin’, and she couldn’t spend a penny more…”) while holding himself up as an example of what big dreams can accomplish. In sum, it’s the kind of song that you’ll be humming all day whether you like it or not—if you do like it, stay tuned for further details on the singer’s yet-untitled/unscheduled sophomore set.
Written by richard on 09/26/11
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.