The perennial struggle for women to thrive in the hip-hop industry is becoming easier in today’s musical climate (and by “easy”, I still mean damn hard). Acts like UZOY are front running the movement with well versed raps and killer deliveries to boot. Case in point, her debut Booth feature the bittersweet Bionic Woman, the only bitter part about it being so short. Trey Hemingway throws down on the beat, creating a frenetic production to keep up with. The Texas emcee is clearly out for success and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down with her next project, UZOY Like The Gun, already in the works (no release date). If you liked how this one sounds, be sure to keep a lookout for more from this talented unsigned artist here at the DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 08/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.