The perennial struggle for women to thrive in the hip-hop industry is becoming easier in today’s musical climate (and by “easy”, I still mean damn hard). Acts like UZOY are front running the movement with well versed raps and killer deliveries to boot. Case in point, her debut Booth feature the bittersweet Bionic Woman, the only bitter part about it being so short. Trey Hemingway throws down on the beat, creating a frenetic production to keep up with. The Texas emcee is clearly out for success and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down with her next project, UZOY Like The Gun, already in the works (no release date). If you liked how this one sounds, be sure to keep a lookout for more from this talented unsigned artist here at the DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 08/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.