The perennial struggle for women to thrive in the hip-hop industry is becoming easier in today’s musical climate (and by “easy”, I still mean damn hard). Acts like UZOY are front running the movement with well versed raps and killer deliveries to boot. Case in point, her debut Booth feature the bittersweet Bionic Woman, the only bitter part about it being so short. Trey Hemingway throws down on the beat, creating a frenetic production to keep up with. The Texas emcee is clearly out for success and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down with her next project, UZOY Like The Gun, already in the works (no release date). If you liked how this one sounds, be sure to keep a lookout for more from this talented unsigned artist here at the DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 08/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.