The perennial struggle for women to thrive in the hip-hop industry is becoming easier in today’s musical climate (and by “easy”, I still mean damn hard). Acts like UZOY are front running the movement with well versed raps and killer deliveries to boot. Case in point, her debut Booth feature the bittersweet Bionic Woman, the only bitter part about it being so short. Trey Hemingway throws down on the beat, creating a frenetic production to keep up with. The Texas emcee is clearly out for success and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down with her next project, UZOY Like The Gun, already in the works (no release date). If you liked how this one sounds, be sure to keep a lookout for more from this talented unsigned artist here at the DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 08/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.