UZOY isn’t a newcomer to Booth, but don’t worry if your memory of her is a little foggy; her debut, Bionic Woman, hit our front page way back in 2011. To make up for it, she’s based new promo single 8th Letter around something you most likely will recognize—namely, Aaliyah‘s One In a Million. Borrowing its hook from the ‘90s R&B classic, this cut finds the Lone Star State buzzmaker lacing Gloom‘s atmospheric synth grooves with bars dedicated to the fans whose love makes all her hard work feel worthwhile. Craving more? Then stay tuned; 8th is only a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on UZOY’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.