UZOY isn’t a newcomer to Booth, but don’t worry if your memory of her is a little foggy; her debut, Bionic Woman, hit our front page way back in 2011. To make up for it, she’s based new promo single 8th Letter around something you most likely will recognize—namely, Aaliyah‘s One In a Million. Borrowing its hook from the ‘90s R&B classic, this cut finds the Lone Star State buzzmaker lacing Gloom‘s atmospheric synth grooves with bars dedicated to the fans whose love makes all her hard work feel worthwhile. Craving more? Then stay tuned; 8th is only a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on UZOY’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.