UZOY isn’t a newcomer to Booth, but don’t worry if your memory of her is a little foggy; her debut, Bionic Woman, hit our front page way back in 2011. To make up for it, she’s based new promo single 8th Letter around something you most likely will recognize—namely, Aaliyah‘s One In a Million. Borrowing its hook from the ‘90s R&B classic, this cut finds the Lone Star State buzzmaker lacing Gloom‘s atmospheric synth grooves with bars dedicated to the fans whose love makes all her hard work feel worthwhile. Craving more? Then stay tuned; 8th is only a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on UZOY’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.