UZOY isn’t a newcomer to Booth, but don’t worry if your memory of her is a little foggy; her debut, Bionic Woman, hit our front page way back in 2011. To make up for it, she’s based new promo single 8th Letter around something you most likely will recognize—namely, Aaliyah‘s One In a Million. Borrowing its hook from the ‘90s R&B classic, this cut finds the Lone Star State buzzmaker lacing Gloom‘s atmospheric synth grooves with bars dedicated to the fans whose love makes all her hard work feel worthwhile. Craving more? Then stay tuned; 8th is only a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on UZOY’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.