I’m not usually one to get into gossip, but Usher’s divorce may be the best thing that could happen for his career. On his last album Here I Stand he was a happily married father, and frankly kind of boring. But before he can get back to his old drama-filled ways he’ll have to sign the divorce Papers. Papers might be the only ode to a legal document in R&B history, but leave it to producer Zaytoven and Usher to turn a divorce proceeding into an anthem, even going so far as to put together a classic call and response consisting of: “All my ladies if you’re sick and tired and you’re ready to sign…” Will Usher be able to reclaim his single man swagger on his upcoming album
Raymond vs. Raymond, set to drop December 8? Frankly, the evidence on Papers is inconclusive. Stay tuned to DJBooth.net for all the latest tracks.
Listen to More: Usher Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!