I’m not usually one to get into gossip, but Usher’s divorce may be the best thing that could happen for his career. On his last album Here I Stand he was a happily married father, and frankly kind of boring. But before he can get back to his old drama-filled ways he’ll have to sign the divorce Papers. Papers might be the only ode to a legal document in R&B history, but leave it to producer Zaytoven and Usher to turn a divorce proceeding into an anthem, even going so far as to put together a classic call and response consisting of: “All my ladies if you’re sick and tired and you’re ready to sign…” Will Usher be able to reclaim his single man swagger on his upcoming album
Raymond vs. Raymond, set to drop December 8? Frankly, the evidence on Papers is inconclusive. Stay tuned to DJBooth.net for all the latest tracks.
Listen to More: Usher
Written by Nathan S. on 10/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.