Before we listen to Usher’s new single OMG let’s take a moment to recognize that nothing less than the fate of text-related singles hangs in the balance. LOL Smiley Face was a travesty, but Ludacris recently revived the genre with his superb Sexting, so the way I see it, if OMG’s a hit it’ll inspire a new wave of text-related tracks, and if it flops, that’s pretty much the end of that. Personally, I just can’t make up my mind. will.i.am’s beat (and guest verse) is catchy enough to stick in your head without becoming aggravating, and while this is far from the best use of Usher’s vocal talents, at the very least he manages to turn the track into an entertaining musical ride. I’m definitely going to need a second opinion on this one. So Booth, is OMG a hit? Choose wisely, nothing less than the fate of text-related singles rests in your capable hands. OMG is the latest single off Usher’s long-awaited Raymond vs. Raymond album, due out March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.