Before we listen to Usher’s new single OMG let’s take a moment to recognize that nothing less than the fate of text-related singles hangs in the balance. LOL Smiley Face was a travesty, but Ludacris recently revived the genre with his superb Sexting, so the way I see it, if OMG’s a hit it’ll inspire a new wave of text-related tracks, and if it flops, that’s pretty much the end of that. Personally, I just can’t make up my mind. will.i.am’s beat (and guest verse) is catchy enough to stick in your head without becoming aggravating, and while this is far from the best use of Usher’s vocal talents, at the very least he manages to turn the track into an entertaining musical ride. I’m definitely going to need a second opinion on this one. So Booth, is OMG a hit? Choose wisely, nothing less than the fate of text-related singles rests in your capable hands. OMG is the latest single off Usher’s long-awaited Raymond vs. Raymond album, due out March 30.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.