Before we listen to Usher’s new single OMG let’s take a moment to recognize that nothing less than the fate of text-related singles hangs in the balance. LOL Smiley Face was a travesty, but Ludacris recently revived the genre with his superb Sexting, so the way I see it, if OMG’s a hit it’ll inspire a new wave of text-related tracks, and if it flops, that’s pretty much the end of that. Personally, I just can’t make up my mind. will.i.am’s beat (and guest verse) is catchy enough to stick in your head without becoming aggravating, and while this is far from the best use of Usher’s vocal talents, at the very least he manages to turn the track into an entertaining musical ride. I’m definitely going to need a second opinion on this one. So Booth, is OMG a hit? Choose wisely, nothing less than the fate of text-related singles rests in your capable hands. OMG is the latest single off Usher’s long-awaited Raymond vs. Raymond album, due out March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.