Honestly, it hasn’t been a good couple of years for Usher Raymond. Once the undisputed king of the r&b world, lately Usher’s been struggling, releasing a mediocre album Here I Stand, divorcing his wife and, fittingly, watching his last single Papers fail to make a real impact. Well, if at first you don’t succeed, put T.I. on a track called My Bag. For Usher’s latest attempt at regaining his previous glory the still golden voiced star picks up the pace considerably, vocally swaggering over some pounding, rock-oriented production from the possibly still bankrupt Scott Storch. For his part T.I. drops a decent, jewel-drenched verse, resulting in an overall product that’s perfectly enjoyable, but I don’t think it’s true hit material. Anyone disagree? My Bag is the latest leak off Usher’s upcoming album Raymond vs. Raymond, which Jive is refusing to set a solid release date on (not a good sign). Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest .
Written by Nathan S. on 11/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.