Honestly, it hasn’t been a good couple of years for Usher Raymond. Once the undisputed king of the r&b world, lately Usher’s been struggling, releasing a mediocre album Here I Stand, divorcing his wife and, fittingly, watching his last single Papers fail to make a real impact. Well, if at first you don’t succeed, put T.I. on a track called My Bag. For Usher’s latest attempt at regaining his previous glory the still golden voiced star picks up the pace considerably, vocally swaggering over some pounding, rock-oriented production from the possibly still bankrupt Scott Storch. For his part T.I. drops a decent, jewel-drenched verse, resulting in an overall product that’s perfectly enjoyable, but I don’t think it’s true hit material. Anyone disagree? My Bag is the latest leak off Usher’s upcoming album Raymond vs. Raymond, which Jive is refusing to set a solid release date on (not a good sign). Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest .
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.