Anybody see that ridiculous Batman style outfit Usher wore during his NBA All-Star Game performance? I know, I know, it was a different (and not necessarily good) look for the multi-platinum R&B singer. But did you listen to the song he performed? If not, let me reintroduce More, a super upbeat pop banger courtesy of producer RedOne. Similar to his All-Star game get-up, Usher goes for a different sound on this one, aiming for a more universal club joint as he delivers the kind of perfectly timed lyrics and clean wordplay that can easily crossover into numerous markets. However, if this is going to be a single off of his next album Raymond vs. Raymond, then I believe we’re going to have to wait for his NEXT album to see if he can ever top Confessions. But hey, what do I know? Tell me what you think. Is this Usher’s next hit? Or is More just like his All-Star costume: different, but not in a good way. Either way, we’ll find out more when Raymond vs. Raymond drops March 30.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 02/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.