When it comes to Lil Freak, the latest leak from the immortal Usher, I could talk about a lot of things. I could mention that the production, a slowly bumping, sonically steaming beat from Usher’s hit making partner Polow da Don, is absolutely hypnotic. Or I could say that after his more mature album Here I Stand sold anemically, Usher’s apparently decided to return to his XXX ways, although it’s a little disappointing to hear him hit up the auto-tune on the chorus, even if it’s light. But let’s be honest, what everyone’s really going to be talking about is the openly lesbian verse from the always controversial Nicki Minaj, who expresses her love for women with big booties and makes the first of what will assuredly be many attempts to get Cassie to leave Diddy for her. I’m looking forward to hearing how radio’s going to censor this one. Lil Freak isn’t officially part of the Usher’s upcoming Raymond vs. Raymond album, but I have a feeling it will make the final cut.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.