Usher seems to be enjoying playing with listener expectations in the lead-up to his seventh studio album; lead single Climax was a poignant breakup jam, whereas club-ready follow-up Scream actually involved, ya’know, climaxing. And the just-released Lemme See? Just as you’d expect, this sultry jam finds the R&B heavyweight narrating his annual visit to his optometrist. Nah, just kidding—like a good 70% of his other singles, the record depicts Terry Raymond IV out on the prowl, pondering what he’s going to do when he gets a certain female clubgoer into his bedroom. Over Jim Jonsin‘s sultry, slow-burning synth grooves, he soulfully feigns indecisiveness (“Hey girl, I’m debating if I should take you home…”) before announcing his conclusion with a sexy flourish: “I decided to take my shirt off / and show my chest.” Rick Ross showcases his inimitable brand of pillow talk on the back, notably spitting the inexplicable line, “Chanel hoodie on, looking like Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman don’t want it.” Inadvisable references to current events aside, however, this catchy cut should leave pop-lovers even more amped for Usher’s Looking 4 Myself LP, out now via RCA.
Written by richard on 06/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.