Last night, I came across VH1’s Usher Behind the Music and I couldn’t stop watching. As a young 20-something year old transitioning into the “real world,” I realized that not only did I grow up on Usher, but also grew up with Usher. Sure he’s got a few years and few ladies more than me, but we’re essentially peers. Growing up in the South, UGK was always in my tape deck, and today I’m happy to say those two worlds have collided on Usher’s new track Get Into My Car, a cut that finds the recently divorced crooner laying down some typically smooth vocals about “choosing” the girls he’ll spend the night with, or at least a few minutes in the back seat. Coming along with the ride are the King of Trill Bun B, who grabs the mic for a braggadocious guest verse, and Polow Da Don, who drops one of the most head-nodding, horn-heavy, deeply catchy instrumentals I’ve heard in a minute. You’d think a track like this would have made it onto Raymond vs. Raymond, but at least it’s found a home on the album’s follow-up EP Versus, dropping August 24.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!