Looks like Usher has finally found himself a Hot Tottie. To be honest, I’m not really sure what a Hot Tottie is, but I do know that Usher and Polow Da Don make records that the clubs play until they overheat like your first Super Nintendo. (Don’t act like you don’t remember Love in This Club.) On Hot Toddy, Polow laces a futuristic, yet smooth riding instrumental that automatically makes you sway side to side. Usher brings in Ester Dean for assistance on the chorus (she also wrote it), creating a melody that reminds us of a Wayne Wonder-esque song during the Dancehall trend in ’03. Towards the end of the track, there’s a beat breakdown and Jay-Z comes in with a stellar verse to add the finishing touches. I can see this getting decent spins in the club, to go along with the spinning in our head from too many shots. I can only hope the Booth uses better judgment when rating this track than they did at the bar last night. Hot Tottie is the second single from Versus, Usher’s new EP due out August 24.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.