Since Usher released his now diamond-certified album, Confessions, a lot has happened in his life. In addition to purchasing minority ownership of the Cleveland Cavaliers (that’s what diamond-certification does for you…), Usher got married, had a child and unexpectedly lost his father. If that doesn’t stir up enough emotion to make a new album, there isn’t much more a man can go through. To officially kick off the album, Usher will release the Polow da Don-produced Love In This Club. The single is a sexy slow grind, turned thug-appreciated banger; with fellow Atlanta neighbor, Young Jeezy supplying the thug half of the equation. Usher’s new album, titled Here I Stand, is expected to drop this June.
Written by DJ Z on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.