Since Usher released his now diamond-certified album, Confessions, a lot has happened in his life. In addition to purchasing minority ownership of the Cleveland Cavaliers (that’s what diamond-certification does for you…), Usher got married, had a child and unexpectedly lost his father. If that doesn’t stir up enough emotion to make a new album, there isn’t much more a man can go through. To officially kick off the album, Usher will release the Polow da Don-produced Love In This Club. The single is a sexy slow grind, turned thug-appreciated banger; with fellow Atlanta neighbor, Young Jeezy supplying the thug half of the equation. Usher’s new album, titled Here I Stand, is expected to drop this June.
Written by DJ Z on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.