Since Usher released his now diamond-certified album, Confessions, a lot has happened in his life. In addition to purchasing minority ownership of the Cleveland Cavaliers (that’s what diamond-certification does for you…), Usher got married, had a child and unexpectedly lost his father. If that doesn’t stir up enough emotion to make a new album, there isn’t much more a man can go through. To officially kick off the album, Usher will release the Polow da Don-produced Love In This Club. The single is a sexy slow grind, turned thug-appreciated banger; with fellow Atlanta neighbor, Young Jeezy supplying the thug half of the equation. Usher’s new album, titled Here I Stand, is expected to drop this June.
Written by DJ Z on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.