With yesterday’s announcement that Mariah Carey nearly reached gold certification with first week sales of her new album, E=MC², it is safe to say that male counterpart Usher won’t be sitting around jealous over her success on Billboard. Following the release of his Love In This Club remix with rapper T.I., the diamond-selling Atlanta native hooked up with Carey’s biggest current industry competitor, Beyoncé, and their equal in the rap game, Lil’ Wayne, for a part two of the chart-topping single. Fresh off her secretive marriage to Usher’s golf buddy, Jay-Z, Beyonce matches her “equal” note for note through two verses, capped off by Weezy spitting a carbon copy of his Lollipop voice-box flow. As he says… “It’s the remix, baaaby.”
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.