With yesterday’s announcement that Mariah Carey nearly reached gold certification with first week sales of her new album, E=MC², it is safe to say that male counterpart Usher won’t be sitting around jealous over her success on Billboard. Following the release of his Love In This Club remix with rapper T.I., the diamond-selling Atlanta native hooked up with Carey’s biggest current industry competitor, Beyoncé, and their equal in the rap game, Lil’ Wayne, for a part two of the chart-topping single. Fresh off her secretive marriage to Usher’s golf buddy, Jay-Z, Beyonce matches her “equal” note for note through two verses, capped off by Weezy spitting a carbon copy of his Lollipop voice-box flow. As he says… “It’s the remix, baaaby.”
Written by DJ Z on 04/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.