With yesterday’s announcement that Mariah Carey nearly reached gold certification with first week sales of her new album, E=MC², it is safe to say that male counterpart Usher won’t be sitting around jealous over her success on Billboard. Following the release of his Love In This Club remix with rapper T.I., the diamond-selling Atlanta native hooked up with Carey’s biggest current industry competitor, Beyoncé, and their equal in the rap game, Lil’ Wayne, for a part two of the chart-topping single. Fresh off her secretive marriage to Usher’s golf buddy, Jay-Z, Beyonce matches her “equal” note for note through two verses, capped off by Weezy spitting a carbon copy of his Lollipop voice-box flow. As he says… “It’s the remix, baaaby.”
Written by DJ Z on 04/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)