Earlier this week, Usher debuted a brand new song on iTunes. Interestingly enough, however, the single wasn’t lifted off his current album, Here I Stand. Hush, a recording that continues the singer’s national call-to-service for young people, stresses that people stop their complaining and start to take action. Featuring the motivational words of Presidential hopeful Barack Obama, who asked Usher to serve as National Co-Chair for his voter registration campaign earlier this year, Hush’s proceeds will go directly toward the singer’s nonprofit organization, the New Look Foundation. From lending services to those in need to donating time and money to the poverty-stricken, the work of this 5-time Grammy award winner truly speaks for itself. Hush can be purchased here.
Written by DJ Z on 10/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)