You’d think after he impregnated his mistress on Confessions Part II, or after his break-up from TLC’s Chilli (allegedly because of his cheating) Usher would have learned to remain faithful, but apparently the man just can’t help himself from Foolin’ Around. The latest leak of his upcoming album, Foolin’ Around finds Usher reuniting with frequent hitmaking production partner Jermaine Dupri (who, according to his Twitter, was none too pleased the track got out) for a regret filled ballad built around a slow piano line, snapping snares, and of course Usher’s always smooth vocals, who apparently feels bad enough to apologize to his lady for his philandering ways. Foolin’ Around is a damn good track, but I still can’t help but think it sounds like a poor man’s Confessions II. Usher’s impending Raymond vs. Raymond album has been delayed – probably because of all these leaks – and is now set to drop in sometime in 2010. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.