If this summer’s Olympic Games taught me anything, it’s that ladies—and the Internet—-love male divers. From their ripped physiques, to their comically tiny swimsuits, to the bizarre faces they apparently make in mid-air, everything about them screams “sex appeal.” (Well, maybe not that last one.) Here to capitalize on the trend is Usher with Dive, a new single which finds the R&B heavyweight angling for a gold medal in the bedroom. Featuring the sultry production and penwork of Jim Jonsin and Rico Love respectively and more moisture-related innuendo than a KY Jelly commercial (Including the completely baffling statement,“The walls are lookin’ like they might precipitate.” How would that even work?), this joint seems destined to become another float in Terry Raymond IV Harris’ already record-breaking parade of Hip-Hop/R&B Chart-toppers. As always, however, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. Released June 8, Looking 4 Myself is out now via RCA Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.