If this summer’s Olympic Games taught me anything, it’s that ladies—and the Internet—-love male divers. From their ripped physiques, to their comically tiny swimsuits, to the bizarre faces they apparently make in mid-air, everything about them screams “sex appeal.” (Well, maybe not that last one.) Here to capitalize on the trend is Usher with Dive, a new single which finds the R&B heavyweight angling for a gold medal in the bedroom. Featuring the sultry production and penwork of Jim Jonsin and Rico Love respectively and more moisture-related innuendo than a KY Jelly commercial (Including the completely baffling statement,“The walls are lookin’ like they might precipitate.” How would that even work?), this joint seems destined to become another float in Terry Raymond IV Harris’ already record-breaking parade of Hip-Hop/R&B Chart-toppers. As always, however, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. Released June 8, Looking 4 Myself is out now via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
In retrospect it was stupid of me to think that Usher had someone lost his grip on the modern R&B throne, even for a moment. Yes, it’s true that Here I Stand was the weakest effort of his career. That album showed that the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.