If this summer’s Olympic Games taught me anything, it’s that ladies—and the Internet—-love male divers. From their ripped physiques, to their comically tiny swimsuits, to the bizarre faces they apparently make in mid-air, everything about them screams “sex appeal.” (Well, maybe not that last one.) Here to capitalize on the trend is Usher with Dive, a new single which finds the R&B heavyweight angling for a gold medal in the bedroom. Featuring the sultry production and penwork of Jim Jonsin and Rico Love respectively and more moisture-related innuendo than a KY Jelly commercial (Including the completely baffling statement,“The walls are lookin’ like they might precipitate.” How would that even work?), this joint seems destined to become another float in Terry Raymond IV Harris’ already record-breaking parade of Hip-Hop/R&B Chart-toppers. As always, however, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. Released June 8, Looking 4 Myself is out now via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.