If this summer’s Olympic Games taught me anything, it’s that ladies—and the Internet—-love male divers. From their ripped physiques, to their comically tiny swimsuits, to the bizarre faces they apparently make in mid-air, everything about them screams “sex appeal.” (Well, maybe not that last one.) Here to capitalize on the trend is Usher with Dive, a new single which finds the R&B heavyweight angling for a gold medal in the bedroom. Featuring the sultry production and penwork of Jim Jonsin and Rico Love respectively and more moisture-related innuendo than a KY Jelly commercial (Including the completely baffling statement,“The walls are lookin’ like they might precipitate.” How would that even work?), this joint seems destined to become another float in Terry Raymond IV Harris’ already record-breaking parade of Hip-Hop/R&B Chart-toppers. As always, however, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. Released June 8, Looking 4 Myself is out now via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
In retrospect it was stupid of me to think that Usher had someone lost his grip on the modern R&B throne, even for a moment. Yes, it’s true that Here I Stand was the weakest effort of his career. That album showed that the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)