It’s Valentine’s Day DJBoothers, and you know what that means. Restaurants will be filled to the brim with loving couples on obligatory “romantic” dates as the rest of us count down the hours until February 15, when all the excess candy will be on sale for 80% off and a holiday that makes us feel awkward about our inability to commit will be over. Or maybe that’s just me. In any event, Valentine’s Day is also bringing us brand a spankin’ new tune from Usher, appropriately titled Climax - well played sir. Diplo, the maestro of noisy electronic blips and face-melting drum kicks, is responsible for the surprising sensual sound befitting the song title. Usher digs deep into his vocal repertoire to hit us with the falsetto, so you know what he’s feeling is real. This song has all the ingredients of a perfect babymaking joint, but upon closer inspection we find that it’s really a break-up song, and Usher’s passionate delivery is fueled by sadness and regret. Don’t let that stop you from enjoying the song though, seriously. It’s always good to hear from Usher, so we look forward to more
as his currently unscheduled and untitled new album (hopefully) approaches
from his new album, Looking For Myself, out June 12.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.