It’s Valentine’s Day DJBoothers, and you know what that means. Restaurants will be filled to the brim with loving couples on obligatory “romantic” dates as the rest of us count down the hours until February 15, when all the excess candy will be on sale for 80% off and a holiday that makes us feel awkward about our inability to commit will be over. Or maybe that’s just me. In any event, Valentine’s Day is also bringing us brand a spankin’ new tune from Usher, appropriately titled Climax - well played sir. Diplo, the maestro of noisy electronic blips and face-melting drum kicks, is responsible for the surprising sensual sound befitting the song title. Usher digs deep into his vocal repertoire to hit us with the falsetto, so you know what he’s feeling is real. This song has all the ingredients of a perfect babymaking joint, but upon closer inspection we find that it’s really a break-up song, and Usher’s passionate delivery is fueled by sadness and regret. Don’t let that stop you from enjoying the song though, seriously. It’s always good to hear from Usher, so we look forward to more
as his currently unscheduled and untitled new album (hopefully) approaches
from his new album, Looking For Myself, out June 12.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Icebox (Remix) ft. Usher & Fabolous" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.