On Tuesday, January 20th, Barack Obama will be sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. In addition to the date’s landmark historical significance for the African-American community, Inauguration Day 2009 will be celebrated globally as the end of the checkered Bush presidency and the beginning of a new era of change. For us at DJBooth.net, this also a means a whole new batch of Obama tribute songs. Fortunately, the first Inauguration Day record to hit the Booth couldn’t be more poignant or appropriate. Reinterpreting Sam Cooke’s classic soul cut, Miami Beach native Urban Mystic lets the world know just how happy he is that A Change Has Come in America. If this track, set for inclusion on the March 31 release of Mystic’s GRIII: Old School 2 Nu Skool, doesn’t bring a tear to your eye, then you might be a Republican.
Written by richard on 01/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Main Squeeze ft. Yung Joc" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.