In these troubled times, we could all use a little love—and who better to deliver it than a rapper whose stage name contains the internationally-recognized acronym for “kisses and hugs”? On his latest single, released along with visuals by Jay Gregory, D.C. native and Diamond District member Uptown XO makes it his mission not only to Spread Love, but also to disseminate knowledge. AB the Producer‘s ghostly keys back the emcee as he mixes motivational wisdom (“Nothing from outside of you controls what you do.”) with incisive commentary on racial injustice. Has XO succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this cut? If so, you can find plenty more dope, intellectually stimulating jams on the artist’s Colour de Grey LP, released in January via Mello Music Group.
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.