In these troubled times, we could all use a little love—and who better to deliver it than a rapper whose stage name contains the internationally-recognized acronym for “kisses and hugs”? On his latest single, released along with visuals by Jay Gregory, D.C. native and Diamond District member Uptown XO makes it his mission not only to Spread Love, but also to disseminate knowledge. AB the Producer‘s ghostly keys back the emcee as he mixes motivational wisdom (“Nothing from outside of you controls what you do.”) with incisive commentary on racial injustice. Has XO succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this cut? If so, you can find plenty more dope, intellectually stimulating jams on the artist’s Colour de Grey LP, released in January via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.