In these troubled times, we could all use a little love—and who better to deliver it than a rapper whose stage name contains the internationally-recognized acronym for “kisses and hugs”? On his latest single, released along with visuals by Jay Gregory, D.C. native and Diamond District member Uptown XO makes it his mission not only to Spread Love, but also to disseminate knowledge. AB the Producer‘s ghostly keys back the emcee as he mixes motivational wisdom (“Nothing from outside of you controls what you do.”) with incisive commentary on racial injustice. Has XO succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this cut? If so, you can find plenty more dope, intellectually stimulating jams on the artist’s Colour de Grey LP, released in January via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.