In these troubled times, we could all use a little love—and who better to deliver it than a rapper whose stage name contains the internationally-recognized acronym for “kisses and hugs”? On his latest single, released along with visuals by Jay Gregory, D.C. native and Diamond District member Uptown XO makes it his mission not only to Spread Love, but also to disseminate knowledge. AB the Producer‘s ghostly keys back the emcee as he mixes motivational wisdom (“Nothing from outside of you controls what you do.”) with incisive commentary on racial injustice. Has XO succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this cut? If so, you can find plenty more dope, intellectually stimulating jams on the artist’s Colour de Grey LP, released in January via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.