In these troubled times, we could all use a little love—and who better to deliver it than a rapper whose stage name contains the internationally-recognized acronym for “kisses and hugs”? On his latest single, released along with visuals by Jay Gregory, D.C. native and Diamond District member Uptown XO makes it his mission not only to Spread Love, but also to disseminate knowledge. AB the Producer‘s ghostly keys back the emcee as he mixes motivational wisdom (“Nothing from outside of you controls what you do.”) with incisive commentary on racial injustice. Has XO succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this cut? If so, you can find plenty more dope, intellectually stimulating jams on the artist’s Colour de Grey LP, released in January via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)