Occupy D.C.‘s tents may be gone from MacPherson Park but, in America’s capital and beyond, activists continue work towards social justice and economic equality. On the latest song release off his forthcoming street album, Uptown XO offers a poetic response to the movement and the socioeconomic injustices which inspired it, envisioning an alternate reality in which the masses use their knowledge as a weapon against the powers that be. AB the Pro provides a lightly-funky, sampled beat to back the Diamond District emcee’s thought-provoking bars, and director Ralph Lorenzo illustrates his words with visceral, black-and-white visuals. Watch for forthcoming mixtape The Color Gray October 1st, paving the way for the winter arrival of studio album Colour de Grey via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)