Occupy D.C.‘s tents may be gone from MacPherson Park but, in America’s capital and beyond, activists continue work towards social justice and economic equality. On the latest song release off his forthcoming street album, Uptown XO offers a poetic response to the movement and the socioeconomic injustices which inspired it, envisioning an alternate reality in which the masses use their knowledge as a weapon against the powers that be. AB the Pro provides a lightly-funky, sampled beat to back the Diamond District emcee’s thought-provoking bars, and director Ralph Lorenzo illustrates his words with visceral, black-and-white visuals. Watch for forthcoming mixtape The Color Gray October 1st, paving the way for the winter arrival of studio album Colour de Grey via Mello Music Group.
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!