Occupy D.C.‘s tents may be gone from MacPherson Park but, in America’s capital and beyond, activists continue work towards social justice and economic equality. On the latest song release off his forthcoming street album, Uptown XO offers a poetic response to the movement and the socioeconomic injustices which inspired it, envisioning an alternate reality in which the masses use their knowledge as a weapon against the powers that be. AB the Pro provides a lightly-funky, sampled beat to back the Diamond District emcee’s thought-provoking bars, and director Ralph Lorenzo illustrates his words with visceral, black-and-white visuals. Watch for forthcoming mixtape The Color Gray October 1st, paving the way for the winter arrival of studio album Colour de Grey via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.