Occupy D.C.‘s tents may be gone from MacPherson Park but, in America’s capital and beyond, activists continue work towards social justice and economic equality. On the latest song release off his forthcoming street album, Uptown XO offers a poetic response to the movement and the socioeconomic injustices which inspired it, envisioning an alternate reality in which the masses use their knowledge as a weapon against the powers that be. AB the Pro provides a lightly-funky, sampled beat to back the Diamond District emcee’s thought-provoking bars, and director Ralph Lorenzo illustrates his words with visceral, black-and-white visuals. Watch for forthcoming mixtape The Color Gray October 1st, paving the way for the winter arrival of studio album Colour de Grey via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.