Occupy D.C.‘s tents may be gone from MacPherson Park but, in America’s capital and beyond, activists continue work towards social justice and economic equality. On the latest song release off his forthcoming street album, Uptown XO offers a poetic response to the movement and the socioeconomic injustices which inspired it, envisioning an alternate reality in which the masses use their knowledge as a weapon against the powers that be. AB the Pro provides a lightly-funky, sampled beat to back the Diamond District emcee’s thought-provoking bars, and director Ralph Lorenzo illustrates his words with visceral, black-and-white visuals. Watch for forthcoming mixtape The Color Gray October 1st, paving the way for the winter arrival of studio album Colour de Grey via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/27/12
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.