Though Uptown XO‘s as fond of life’s finer things as the next rapper, the DMV representative’s not about to put the cart before the horse. As he (hilariously) puts it on this newly-released mixtape inclusion, “While you n**gas keep glorifyin’ material things, I’ma milk the game like a cereal king.” Over AB the Pro‘s glossy sample work, the Diamond District member informs us that he’s far too busy with his hustle to indulge in the ostentatious consumption that’s led so many of his peers to their downfall. London rhymesayer Tranqill affirms his own determination to succeed (despite what the law has to say about it) on the middle verse, and The Kid Daytona brings his trademark, self-assured swagger to the record’s back end. Feeling it? More is just a few clicks away. Released October 1, The Color Grey is available now for free streaming and download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.