Though Uptown XO‘s as fond of life’s finer things as the next rapper, the DMV representative’s not about to put the cart before the horse. As he (hilariously) puts it on this newly-released mixtape inclusion, “While you n**gas keep glorifyin’ material things, I’ma milk the game like a cereal king.” Over AB the Pro‘s glossy sample work, the Diamond District member informs us that he’s far too busy with his hustle to indulge in the ostentatious consumption that’s led so many of his peers to their downfall. London rhymesayer Tranqill affirms his own determination to succeed (despite what the law has to say about it) on the middle verse, and The Kid Daytona brings his trademark, self-assured swagger to the record’s back end. Feeling it? More is just a few clicks away. Released October 1, The Color Grey is available now for free streaming and download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)