Got a suggestion on how Uptown XO should live his life? Then the D.C. rhymesayer’s got some advice for you: “Mind your f**king business.” On Everyday, the latest song release off his debut album, he assures us that he’s got everything under control. In addition to crafting an addictive, harpsichord-laced instrumental backdrop for the headliner’s self-assured bars, fellow DMV repper AB the Pro grabs the mic to deliver verse two. The final 16 sees the collaborators doubling up on the mic, trading lines as they touch on a few of the key issues facing their people today. Creative Junkfood provides a simple, yet stylish animated accompaniment to their bars. For Everyday, the reader-acclaimed Evolution and many more fresh cuts, check out X.O.‘s Colour de Grey LP. Released in January via Mello Music Group, the project is available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.