Got a suggestion on how Uptown XO should live his life? Then the D.C. rhymesayer’s got some advice for you: “Mind your f**king business.” On Everyday, the latest song release off his debut album, he assures us that he’s got everything under control. In addition to crafting an addictive, harpsichord-laced instrumental backdrop for the headliner’s self-assured bars, fellow DMV repper AB the Pro grabs the mic to deliver verse two. The final 16 sees the collaborators doubling up on the mic, trading lines as they touch on a few of the key issues facing their people today. Creative Junkfood provides a simple, yet stylish animated accompaniment to their bars. For Everyday, the reader-acclaimed Evolution and many more fresh cuts, check out X.O.‘s Colour de Grey LP. Released in January via Mello Music Group, the project is available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.