Got a suggestion on how Uptown XO should live his life? Then the D.C. rhymesayer’s got some advice for you: “Mind your f**king business.” On Everyday, the latest song release off his debut album, he assures us that he’s got everything under control. In addition to crafting an addictive, harpsichord-laced instrumental backdrop for the headliner’s self-assured bars, fellow DMV repper AB the Pro grabs the mic to deliver verse two. The final 16 sees the collaborators doubling up on the mic, trading lines as they touch on a few of the key issues facing their people today. Creative Junkfood provides a simple, yet stylish animated accompaniment to their bars. For Everyday, the reader-acclaimed Evolution and many more fresh cuts, check out X.O.‘s Colour de Grey LP. Released in January via Mello Music Group, the project is available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.