Got a suggestion on how Uptown XO should live his life? Then the D.C. rhymesayer’s got some advice for you: “Mind your f**king business.” On Everyday, the latest song release off his debut album, he assures us that he’s got everything under control. In addition to crafting an addictive, harpsichord-laced instrumental backdrop for the headliner’s self-assured bars, fellow DMV repper AB the Pro grabs the mic to deliver verse two. The final 16 sees the collaborators doubling up on the mic, trading lines as they touch on a few of the key issues facing their people today. Creative Junkfood provides a simple, yet stylish animated accompaniment to their bars. For Everyday, the reader-acclaimed Evolution and many more fresh cuts, check out X.O.‘s Colour de Grey LP. Released in January via Mello Music Group, the project is available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.