Got a suggestion on how Uptown XO should live his life? Then the D.C. rhymesayer’s got some advice for you: “Mind your f**king business.” On Everyday, the latest song release off his debut album, he assures us that he’s got everything under control. In addition to crafting an addictive, harpsichord-laced instrumental backdrop for the headliner’s self-assured bars, fellow DMV repper AB the Pro grabs the mic to deliver verse two. The final 16 sees the collaborators doubling up on the mic, trading lines as they touch on a few of the key issues facing their people today. Creative Junkfood provides a simple, yet stylish animated accompaniment to their bars. For Everyday, the reader-acclaimed Evolution and many more fresh cuts, check out X.O.‘s Colour de Grey LP. Released in January via Mello Music Group, the project is available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.