Now that Cali duo The Seed have released two street albums in the Booth (BREAKINGROUND, The Seed LP), I think it’s safe to say that Kahlee and Uptown Swuite have hit the big-time—from here, it’s all a downhill slope covered with champagne and caviar. With beautiful women waiting at the bottom. OK, I may be exaggerating slightly. Point is, in the midst of this success, Swuite hasn’t forgotten where he came from—making its world premiere on our frontpage, the emcee’s solo Booth debut finds him still repping Southside Vacaville to the fullest. Over DJ Flow‘s leisurely bassline and breezy brass (Help me out, people—where have I heard this sample before?), the artist takes a long, hard look at the streets where he spent his formative years. Seeing his ‘hood plagued with unemployment, insufficient school funding and punitive law enforcement, he resolves to continue “fightin’ for my homies who never gon’ see the outside, strivin’ for my young’uns to give ‘em a better life.” As fresh and funky as its message is admirable, Southside is just one of many dope cuts set for inclusion on Church St. Blues, which has yet to receive a solid drop date—keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Seen Me Since" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.