Not featured in the Booth since February of last year, when he linked up with us to release his acclaimed Beneath the Lights street album, Uptown Swuite makes his return to our pages with the world premiere of a fresh, non-album cut. On promo single Kaged Bird, the Samoan-born, Vacaville-based emcee shares some low-key lyrical reflections on life, art and his finances. DJ Flow provides a nocturnal, guitar-driven groove to back his introspective rhymes. As mentioned above, this record isn’t attached to any larger project. Those craving more new music, however, can find what they seek on Swuite’s Bob Ross EP, available for purchase on iTunes as of November 2012.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Seen Me Since" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)