Not featured in the Booth since February of last year, when he linked up with us to release his acclaimed Beneath the Lights street album, Uptown Swuite makes his return to our pages with the world premiere of a fresh, non-album cut. On promo single Kaged Bird, the Samoan-born, Vacaville-based emcee shares some low-key lyrical reflections on life, art and his finances. DJ Flow provides a nocturnal, guitar-driven groove to back his introspective rhymes. As mentioned above, this record isn’t attached to any larger project. Those craving more new music, however, can find what they seek on Swuite’s Bob Ross EP, available for purchase on iTunes as of November 2012.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Seen Me Since" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.