Not featured in the Booth since February of last year, when he linked up with us to release his acclaimed Beneath the Lights street album, Uptown Swuite makes his return to our pages with the world premiere of a fresh, non-album cut. On promo single Kaged Bird, the Samoan-born, Vacaville-based emcee shares some low-key lyrical reflections on life, art and his finances. DJ Flow provides a nocturnal, guitar-driven groove to back his introspective rhymes. As mentioned above, this record isn’t attached to any larger project. Those craving more new music, however, can find what they seek on Swuite’s Bob Ross EP, available for purchase on iTunes as of November 2012.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Seen Me Since" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.